TRANSGENDER Media and Resources
Support, Education and Awareness
Resources we have compiled for Transgendered youth, their allies and their families.
Reteaching Gender and Sexuality
5 Year old trans boy’s story
When Mimi and Joe Lemay’s baby was born in 2010, they heard the three words every parent waits to hear: “It’s a girl.” But by age two, their child was saying “I’m a boy.” Mimi hoped this “obsession with being a boy would go away,” but it only grew stronger. Now, in a rare and candid interview, they share in their own words why they decided to let their five-year-old transgender son Jacob transition and live publicly as a boy.NBC’s Kate Snow will have more on Transgender Kids beginning Tuesday night on Nightly News.Posted by NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt on Monday, April 20, 2015
What it Means to be intersex
Laverne Cox: “Ain’t I a Woman”
Dear Straight People
Journies Through TransMasculinities
Meet Devina Keswani, the adorable 6-year-old transitioning from male to female.Posted by People on Friday, October 30, 2015
Trans Day of Remembrance
Laverne Cox on Bullying
Links, Videos and other Resources
SOUTHERN ONTARIO GENDER CLINICS
Places to take your child to meet with professionals, get more information, referrals, etc.
TRANS HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Non-Binary People by UCSF.
PLEASE READ! There’s so much helpful information here.
- Sherbourne Health Centre Transgender Health Guidelines
Very important set of guidelines that doctors directly follow when working with trans clients. These are the standards of care all trans clients deserve. I encourage families and trans people to read this guide and provide the link to their health care practitioner.
- I Love My Chest (Trans Health Guide)
amazing resource for trans clients in easily accessible language. Using up to date terms and identities. Discusses everything from binding to hormones.
- The Lancet Series on Trans Health
including links to new topical health care educational resources: http://www.thelancet.com/series/transgender-health
CANADA TRANSGENDER Issues, Health and Support websites
- Gender Creative Kids Canada
online support community for parents of trans and gender nonconforming children and youth. You can create a profile and meet other parents of trans children and youth.
- Rainbow Health Ontario
has A LOT of information about trans health, changing names, changing gender markers
- EGALE Canada
The GO TO website for any information on human rights protections for LGBTQ people
- Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity Resources page
a number of pdf. downloads and great handouts
- Supporting Our Youth
organization in Toronto webpage with a bunch of useful websites
- Trans Educational Website
LOTS of infographics with easy to read information available
BLOG posts/newspaper articles
- Gender Identity Map
a useful tool for educating oneself about different gender identities
- Parenting a transgender child – a great article from the perspective of a parent
- Transgender Parents – documentary interviewing parents who are trans and children with trans family members
- T-Word by Laverne Cox – interviewing a number trans youth and young people
- “They” pronoun Explained
- 5 Ways Using Pronouns Will make you a better Ally
- The Importance of They Pronouns (great article from a personal story)
- Why is it important to use the correct pronouns
- Buzzfeed video on how to use pronouns
Articles about trans kids and youth
Cool Articles and Videos
Trans youtube vloggers
- Princess Joules – hilarious and awesome trans woman of colour youtube channel
- Kamari aka Lyrikal – black trans man’s channel – hilarious and educational vlogger
- Natalie Sweetwine – describes her vlogs as a “teen transsexual”
- Freshly Charles – genderqueer/femme trans man vlogger
- Ryandrogyny – trans male youth of colour and musician – been vlogging for over 5 years
Posts (Transgendered Issues)
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.